Saturday, December 3, 2011

Project Four Reflection

When starting this project I was a bit concerned about not being able to find a theme I enjoyed or paintings to the theme I picked. I started by browsing the web and jotting down different paintings I liked that could fit into different themes. I narrowed my option down to nature and romance for the themes. I found many paintings that I really found interesting for both but decided to stick with romance because I can connect with that one much more. I started by just going through many websites and saving pictures I liked. I ended up with about 100 pictures but many were very similar and some were very farfetched. I found one website that I loved and ended up using it for almost all of my images. The images that this website had were all clear, unlike many others, but also had a lot of a similar style and lay so nicely next to each other. I then separated all of my images on slides and decided how I wanted to set it up. Figuring out which order I was going to put the images in was the hardest decision. I wanted to lay them out so that it flowed and did not want any images that were really similar to be right next to eachother. I ended up putting them in order according to date (past - present) and then all the unknown ones were put at the end. I then decided I wanted all of the horizontal images on the right and the vertical images on the right. I am a very organized personal so I like to keep things simple and would have them all flow nicely, rather than sporadic and different for each slide. After I decided on the theme, images, and layout I moved to interpreting and describing each image. This is where I had the most fun because each picture was so different that it kept me interested and excited to write about each. After finishing all the descriptions I moved to the background and colors. I originally was going to go with a light red background color to match the love and romantic theme. After testing it out I realized I hated it because it took so much away from the images. I then moved to a few other colors before trying out black. I found the background as one of my last options. I tested it out and loved it. The black makes all of the paintings pop and stand out and the design on the lines pulling to the right makes the eyes want to keep moving to the next slide, similar to how an exhibit would be. I had a lot of fun with this project and found it to be very interesting and very beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment