Saturday, October 8, 2011

Peer Reflection

I chose to analyze Andi Andrzejewski and Amanda Bolibrzuch projects but unfortunately it was not allowing me to comment on anyone’s blogs. I have sent these individuals my comments in an email through Angel to create a conversation.
A) http://bolibral01.blogspot.com/
Project one:
I am not sure if Amanda did not participate in this project or if I could just not find it but I could not locate it. I have emailed her with my response to project two and asked about project one.
Project two:
I also chose to go to the Albright Knox art gallery but still must have missed a few pieces because I found two in your project that I did not see and found particularly interesting. These were Extruded Video Engine by Peter Sarkisian and Nana by Niki de Saint Phalle. These images are very eye catching and I would love to learn more about them. The video engine by John F Simon is really cool looking. It appears as if it could be a real sculpture almost instead of just a computer. I also found Junk to be very interesting but also a bit strange! Great job!

B) http://fundartinquir-fall2011.blogspot.com/
Project one:
I really enjoyed reading and viewing all of these great art pieces. I have never been to the Memorial Art gallery but after looking at all these great images I would love to go! I loved all of them but the few that really stuck out to me were Waterloo Bridge, Veiled Sun, Claude Monet, Fritz Trautman Galaxy and Martyr Dress #3 By Jennifer Hecker. My favorite out of all of these pieces was definitely the dress done by Jennifer Hecker. I find it to be absolutely beautiful and so unique. To have the ability to create something so beautiful and eye catching out of glass really interests me because I find pretty much anything amazing that is made out of glass, but this one really stands out. The piece done by Monet is also beautiful. Monet is also one of my favorite artists and this is actually a piece I have looked at before. The colors all blend so nicely and it truly depicts what he was seeing and expresses his emotion. Galaxy caught my eye just by how different it is. I may be a sucker for bright colors but this piece was really cool! I knew right away what it was trying to express. Excellent job and thank you for all the great images!
Project 2:
I also loved doing this project because I found it to be a lot of fun. We had a lot of similar ideas but I really loved the way you expressed texture, movement, and balance. My favorite pictures out of all of the ones you posted were definitely the texture image. It had such a variety of textures and also so much depth with the face on the outside also. I love the water and live on the water so as soon as I saw your movement picture I fell in love. You have such a talent with art and just by reading your post I can tell it is something you are really interested in. The images were all great and really depicted each principle and element very well. Great job!

1. Hyperlink the Blogs you reviewed into your BlogA) http://bolibral01.blogspot.com/
B) http://fundartinquir-fall2011.blogspot.com/

2. When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?A) I could not locate project one on Amanda’s blog so I am not sure if I missed it or just could not find it.

B) I definitely felt that all of these pictures depicted the elements and principles that Andi focused on. I chose to not scroll down all the way the first time I went through the slide show to try and see if I could figure out what each image was an example of. It was a bit more difficult than I thought but not because of the fact that these images were not good examples but because all pictures have potential to express multiple principles and elements. The few that I mixed up was the image he chose for mass. It definitely represented mass but when I first looked at it I saw balance also. Movement also threw me off for balance because I chose to do the water and bridges for balance so I connected to that, but after looking at it more closely with the waves I saw movement. I really liked the example of light with the rainbow and color with the glass.

3. When looking at Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?A) Amanda and I both went to the Albright Knox art gallery so we had one image that was the same and that was Junk. We both found it to have an impression on us and I think that is because it is such a unique and different form of art than a lot of the others that we viewed.

B) Andi and I went to different art galleries so there were no images the same but I would definitely like to visit the art galleries that he went to.

4. Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?A) The one image that Amanda selected that peaked my interest was Extruded Video Engine by Peter Sarkisian. When I walked through I must have missed this room but that is not surprising because I was a bit overwhelmed by the time I left with all of the art work that I viewed. This piqued my interest because of the fact it is a video art work and it is something I have never studied before. I would like to learn the process behind how it was created.

B) The main art work that I connected to with Andi was definitely the dress. It was absolutely beautiful and I found it to be really interesting due to the fact that it is all made out of glass but you cannot tell. I connected to this image because I am a girly girl and love dresses, but also because I love glass art. I would like to learn more about the process, how long it took, and why it was created.

5. What do you think about the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?I enjoyed viewing others blogs because it was neat to see what they focus on and what interests them. I think this is valuable in learning because it allows you to see different perspectives on things and gives multiple examples of how to represent something or express something.

6. Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?
I have changed my blog so that others could comment but no one commented :(

1 comment:

  1. Please edit this so that my name is shown as andi ( my first name is not even spelled correctly - gah!)...I do not wish ever to be refered to and anything but andi! And I am not signing this with my email because it will only allow me to sign in with my personal email and I do not wish to give that to any classmate.

    ReplyDelete