Friday, September 30, 2011

Logo Design Project

Sketch 1

Sketch 2

Sketch 3

Sketch 4

Sketch 5

Final Logo!

Discussion:
1. Discuss what you thought about creating your logo.-
-I really enjoyed creating my own logo. At first I was struggling to find out where to start because I had so many thoughts of things that described me. I was unsure of whether or not I wanted to include all the things that made me who I am, or narrow it down to one specific detail. I chose to narrow it down to three main details. I chose to focus on my initials, strength, and family and I feel as if my logo is a perfect description of me!
2. Describe the process: creative thinking skills and ideas you used in the logo creation.
-When I first sat down to create my logo I just brainstormed to think of ideas to include. I came up with a shield and cross to represent my strength, my initials, family in German, and my favorite food, sport, and drink. I felt as if there was eventually a way that I would be able to combine all of these things but I just wasn’t sure if that’s what I wanted. In the first sketch I chose to draw out all of my thoughts and see which ones I liked the best. In my second sketch I chose to focus more on the shield but added more details to show how caring and loving I am. I wrote family in German and added hearts and angel wings on the outside. The third sketch I decided to incorporate the heart more and make the shield stand out more. I put the shield in the heart and put the lines around the outside to really make everything stand out. I kept my initials and family in there because those are two things that are very important to me. In the fourth sketch I decided to switch it up a bit and incorporate all of my ideas just to see how it would turn out. I wrote the word love in block and put all the things I love in the letters, but also put the shield to represent strength in the middle to tie everything together. I really liked this idea but I felt as if there was just too much going on and I didn’t think anyone would really know who it was describing when they saw it. The fifth sketch is when I really got a good picture as to what I wanted my final logo to be and I started to play around with colors. I thought I would put my initials in pink because it was my favorite color, but it just didn’t make it pop as much as I wanted it to. I had my whole name across the top which I liked, but it was a bit much. I kept the crosses in the corners to represent who I am and where I come from, with the word family in German at the bottom to represent my heritage. I really liked this logo but felt as if it could be even more basic, to the point, and better. My final logo turned out just the way I wanted. I put my initials going down the shield in blue to make it stand out so people really knew who this was about. I kept the shield and crosses because anyone who knows me knows how strong and free willed I am. I put my last name at the bottom, connected with the B, to represent that I am proud of where I came from and put Family in German at the top with a little heart to express my true love for my family. I think this logo represents me 100% and anyone who knows me would agree!

3. What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo?
-I found the most important discovery to be how difficultly easy this whole process could be. When I first started I figured this would take me five minutes to do, but it takes a lot of thoughts and consideration. Having the freedom to choose anything and everything that was included was much more difficult than I thought it would have been, but I really enjoyed the whole process!
4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos, powerpoint, and reading material for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?
-The most important thing that I found in both of the videos was how much time and consideration goes into each logo that is designed. It is never just a one or even ten sketch process like many would think. There is so much to consider when they created both new logos that I would have never even thought of if I would not have watched the video. The powerpoint and reading important because it gave the history of logo’s but also expressed the direction on where to start with a logo. It expressed how everything shape and color has a meaning and that there are many things to consider when designing a logo.
I really enjoyed the videos, readings, and powerpoint. I felt as if each gave a valuable meaning to the creation of logos. The videos really put everything into perspective as to how many steps there really are so I found it to be very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment